I’m always looking for yummy on-the-go snacks for myself and the kids. It can be hard to find snacks that are good for you and full of protein, so I developed this Monster Protein Ball recipe. They are filling and loaded with chocolaty peanut butter yumminess.
It’s winter break and we are headed to the Blue Ridge Mountains for a some much needed family R&R. I always pack a snack bag for the kids on our road trips and today I’m adding a new family favorite.
These bites are full of protein with the right amount of carbs and keep the boys happy while we are riding in the car. The added chocolate candy pieces are whimsical and mixin perfectly with this recipe.
Monster Protein Bites are super easy to make. Check out the recipe below
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 scoop of unflavored protein powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chocolate candy pieces
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Dump all your ingredients (minus the protein powder) into a medium sized bowl.
- Stir well for a few minutes until everything is combined.
- Stir in the protein powder and mix well
- Roll mixture into small balls (about 1 – 1 and ½ inches in size).
- Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Allow to set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
What is your favorite on-the-go kid-friendly snack? Do you enjoy taking roads trips with your family? Share with us in the comment section below.