The weather is warming up, which means eating more fresh fruit and vegetables. Springtime means enjoying more fresh salads like this amazing Chili & Lime Mango Berry salad. It’s super fast and easy to make.
When I visited Mexico in January, I stopped by a local fruit stand and grabbed fresh mango’s covered in chili peppers and lime juice. The sweet mangos covered in tangy yet slightly spicy lime juice made an amazing flavor. I was so inspired by this experience that I decided to create a salad that pairs well with one of my favorite beverages; Diet Coke.
Last week I went to a party and I learned how to make a Dirty Diet Coke. This original calorie-free sparkling soft drink is popular for a reason…it has a great taste! I’m so excited to share with you my new favorite spin on this classic soda. My version of a Dirty Diet Coke includes adding a little coconut syrup and fresh lime. Can you MMMM?
I know you’ll enjoy the Chili & Lime Mango Berry Salad with a Dirty Diet Coke as much as I do. It’s light, fresh and full of flavor. The crunchy arugula with soft berries drizzled in Chili & Lime Vinaigrette is to die for. Be sure to print a copy of the recipe below and check out the video tutorial for a hands on experience. What’s your favorite spring salad? Do you have a drink that makes you smile? Share with us in the comment section below.
- 3-4 heaping handfuls of Arugula spring mix salad
- 1/2 sliced mango
- 1 diced avocado
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 16oz Diet Coke
- 2 tablespoons of coconut syrup
- 1 lime wedge (optional)
- Place the salad mix into a bowl. Add the remaining fresh ingredients to the salad mix. Place all of the dressing ingredients into a jar. Seal the lid tight and shake vigorously until it is well combined. Drizzle your desired amount of dressing over the salad. Toss and serve.
- Dirty Diet Coke: Pour a 16oz Diet Coke into a large glass. Add the coconut syrup and stir slowly with a straw. Garnish with a fresh lime.