Last month we celebrated the start of an all women’s service group program at my church called the Relief Society. We gathered together to fellowship & celebrate with a nice dinner and a spiritual message. The women in charge provided us with dinner but we were each asked to make a dessert. Since spring was finally here, I decided to make Strawberry Lemonade Cream Puffs! Can you say MMM?
I used Pepperidge Farm Pastry Shells and filled them a cream cheese and whipped cream filling then topped it with a yummy homemade strawberry preserve sauce. The shells are light, buttery and cook up in no time at all! They are perfect for savory meals or sweet desserts.
They are light, fluffy, and creamy that makes them perfect for any spring or summer celebration. I had my nephew sample one before the event and he said “MMM! It’s sweet with a burst of lemon. It’s pretty good…” You know it must be good if I got that type of response from a teenage boy, HAHA!!
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- (2) 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Boxes of Pepperidge Farm Pastry Shells
- 10 ripened strawberries, tops removed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lemon slices for garnishing
- Bake the pastry shells according to the directions on the box. Set them aside on a cooling rack while you prepare the cream filling.
- While the puffs are baking, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium-high speed until creamy and well combined inside of a mixing bowl. Add in the zest and juice and continue beating until well combined and thickened. Set it aside
- Mix together the heavy cream and powdered sugar on low-medium until it turns into whipped cream. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture that we previously set aside until it is light, fluffy and well combined.
- Combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice into a blender or food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Remove the tops to each pastry shell. Fill a pipping bag with the cream mixture and pipe in your desired amount of cream into each shell. Top each puff with a dollop of the sauce. Garnish with a lemon slice. Enjoy!