Spring is here and I’m happy to say that in a lot of ways I’ve managed to keep my resolutions. I’m much more organized, eating less sugar and making healthy lifestyle choices. Feeling so good inside has inspired me to create my super yummy Creamy Kale Yeah Soup.
This soup is loaded with three peppers, potatoes, sausage and of course Kale! The best part is the creaminess that comes when I add Silk Almondmilk Unsweetened Orginal. Not only does it make the soup smooth but the almondmilk also adds some vitamin E and has no cholesterol or saturated fat.
I’ve been pressed for time lately now that Andrew is playing baseball; so while I was shopping a Walmart, I ran to the grocery section and grabbed the almondmilk for my recipe. I’m so glad that I did because my veggie loaded kale soup is filling, easy to make and very sastifying.
Now, I enjoy cooking with the orginal almondmilk but the Silk Almondmilk Unsweetened Vanilla is also on my favorite list. At only 30 calories a serving I can enjoy a glass whenever my heart desires. Lately it’s been my go-to midday snack when I pair it with a bowl of fresh berries or use it to make a smoothie.
I’m sure that you are very curious about how to make the soup so let me share the recipe with you. Be sure to grab some Silk almondmilk from your local Walmart and add a touch of creaminess to every bowl.
Creamy Kale Yeah Soup
Bring the peppers and the chicken broth to a boil.
Sautée the ground sausage and onions in a skillet. Add the cooked potatoes, sausage and kale to the pot.
Reduce the heat, season to taste and add 1 cup of Silk Almondmilk Unsweetened Original.
Simmer for 5 minutes, serve and enjoy.
Silk is perfect over cereal or oatmeal but if you love the goodness of the almondmilk and are looking for more exciting recipe ideas then check HERE. What is your favorite way to enjoy almondmilk? Share with us in the comment section below.
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 5 diced red potatoes; boiled
- 1/2 diced red, yellow and green peppers
- 10 cups of water
- 10 tsp of chicken bullion paste
- 4 cups of chopped fresh kale
- 1 cup of Silk Almondmilk 96 oz Unsweetened Original
- 1 TBS Cajun seasoning (optional)
- Bring the chicken broth (water & paste) and peppers to a boil. While that is coming to a boil, sautée the onions and sausage together until it is fully cooked. Drain the fat from the sausage and onions. When the pot comes to a boil, add the boiled red potatoes, sausage & onions and kale to the pot. Reduce the pot to a simmer and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Add the Cajun seasoning for added spice but this is not required. Add the Silk Almondmilk 96 oz Unsweetened Original and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!