This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ThinkOutsideTheWipe #CollectiveBias
Between the layoff and the fire, the boys needed to get outside to be loud and as crazy as they wanted to be. So, I made a few DIY Chalk Powder Bombs. They were chomping at the bit to have a war and to be able to let loose.
I knew that if I decided to make these bombs, then there was going to be a big mess. So, I decided to embrace it. I wasn’t stressed about the clean up because Huggies® Cleansing® Wipes have aloe and Vitamin E which are perfect for using on the boy’s hands and faces.
To purchase the wipes for your fun activity with the kids, click on the image above and grab them from Sam’s Club.
Making these bombs was super easy and a lot of fun. The best part about this craft is that it doubles as paint. When you add a little water, you can sit back and relax while the kids make a beautiful masterpiece. I could not tear Axel away from his easel.
I took the boys into the yard, gave them a few bombs and let them go at it. It was so much fun to watch!
The bombs are really soft and every time that they got hit, they were dying with laughter!
As I mention, I knew that they were going to get messy but that’s the best part of the fun! Look at Axel’s face; he’s elated.
The Huggies Cleansing Wipes come out one at a time and thankfully are fragrance free, alcohol free, paraben free and hypoallergenic which seriously made for easy clean up.
Well, I’m sure that you are ready to learn how to make your very own powder bombs and I’m excited to share it.
Gather Your Materials:
- non-toxic sidewalk chalk
- sandwich bags
- tissue paper
- pipe cleaner
- rubber bands (optional)
- Huggies Cleansing Wipes for easy cleanup
- Place one piece of chalk inside of a sandwich bag
- Seal the bag and smash it into powder using the hammer
- Pour the powder into the middle of one piece of tissue paper
- (Optional) use a small rubber band to secure the bomb. This will make the bomb last longer and will take longer before they start to explode. If you want them to explode right away, omit this step.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half
- Use one piece of the pipe cleaner to wrap around the middle for security.
- Use the second piece of pipe cleaner to insert into the middle of the bomb for the “wick”
- Have a bomb war
- Repeat steps one and two
- Pour the chalk powder into a small bowl or cup
- Add a little water until you make your desired consistency.
- Paint away!
That’s it! Let go and let the mess begin! I grabbed the Huggies Cleansing Wipes from Sam’s Club. They are great for sensitive skin and the size is perfect for taking everywhere!
I love it at Sam’s Club! Ever since they added the Scan-and-Go Service, I have been in heaven! Now I can scan items and pay for them right from my phone which is EPIC when I am shopping with the boys.
If you haven’t already, I highly suggest that you grab a membership for Sam’s Club and let the care free shopping begin. Do you ever let go and embrace the mess? What type’s of messy activities do your kids indulge in? Share with us in the comment section below!